Old 28-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Tom Newton

Default Time to Nuke the Clover?

Thanks Matt for your advice, I just saw that ng and will post there.

Don't worry folks, I have more clover than you've ever seen and will
continue to have lots. Around the garden in the back is nice, even around
the walkway circling the garage -- believe me - I have tons and will still
have tons (thank god it's not the rare endangered "spotted clover" LOL ...
or I'd wind up with 20 rusty microbusses out front with graying hippies
holding hands around the lawn!

Don't worry, I'll preserve some... but where I don't want it... I will nuke
it mercilessly ;-) how's that?

Tom

"BattMeals" wrote in message
Tom Newton wrote:

I've found a product that eliminates clover, I'd like to eliminate

clover.
I've indicated a potential plan to eliminate the clover. I am looking

for
advice or suggested modifications to my plan to eleminiate clover.

A number of people *are* suggesting modificatons to your plan -- don't
eliminate the beneficial clover!

You might try alt.home.lawn.garden for advice. They talk a lot about
eliminating weeds without excess concern about the environment.

-matt

Oh brother ;-)

Tom

"Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...

Hey Tom
What's wrong with clover? It only became considered a weed when the
herbacides began to kill it, prior to that it was included as a part
of turfgrass.
It feeds bees, birds, and butterflies, provides nitrogen back to the
soil without it leaching into an allready polluted sound.