Old 28-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Grandpa

Default Planting old corn kernels

Plant them and see what happens. At worst they simply won't grow so
whats to lose?

kessira wrote:

Greetings,

This is going to be a weird question - please bear with me.

I am a librarian working in a special collections library; we get lots
of old volumes with lots of odd things stuck in them (dried flowers,
pictures, etc.) Today, one of my coworkers found several kernels of
corn stuck in the margins of a book called "The gardeners dictionary",
by Philip Miller, published sometime around 1756-1759. Now, we're not
thinking these are 350 year old pieces of corn, but they *could* be.