Old 28-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Jay Chan

Default Drought-Tolerate Bluegrass?

Here is some info on drought tolerant grasses:
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopE...s/drought4.htm

Thanks for the link.

The article said that bluegrass can tolerate drought by going dormant,
and it can survive and recover when water becomes available. This
sounds good to me. This means I don't need to worry about long term
impact of short term summer drought on my bluegrass lawn as long as I
will have rain fall later on. And that was basically what the other
newsgroup member has already told me here.

I have already found a site that rates bluegrass on their ability to
withstand drought (among many other ratings) -- something called
national... grass... association or something like that. Now I just
have to locate a source where I can order the bluegrass that has good
drought rating.

Jay Chan