Old 28-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Matt Helliwell

Default Still green....

Szpond wrote:

I've written for suggestions before, and have tried them all...but, I STILL
have a nasty, green pond. I had clear water for 1 week since spring. I'm
really discouraged and do not know what to do. I had that "floating" algae for
over a month, that has stopped, but I still can't see my fish. Plenty of
plants, although they are not doing half as well as they did last year.
Bio-filter (85 gallon) which is just full of green, gummy, slimy crap
constantly. I think I might be defeating my own purpose - have been rinsing
out filter and media weekly - it gets that gummed up. Last year we only
cleaned once.

This may be obvious but I take it you're cleaning the filters with
pond/de-chorinated water and not tap water?

--
Matt Helliwell
www.helliwell.me.uk