Old 28-08-2003, 07:02 PM
martin

Default Really really sandy soil

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:08:11 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Some Sewerage Authorities will deliver lorry loads of treated sewage for
free

I bet normally they have to pay to get rid of the stuff. :-)
I thought that treated sewage is not suitable, because of the high
concentration of heavy metals in it.

Some decades ago I lived in Woking, where the garden was in the Bagshot Sand
area. Leatherhead council, a mere ten miles or so away, marketed an
excellent compost which they produced from household waste. They charged,
if I remember correctly, 2/- per bag. I used tons of the stuff, until the
blighters ceased production. I never found out why they stopped the
project. I would willingly have paid five times as much for the stuff.

Wasn't it for the reason I gave?
It doesn't seem to have done you any harm :-)
--
Martin