Old 28-08-2003, 07:12 PM
TS

Default Metal Halide question...

My basement indoor space is 5X4, and I recently added a shelf (3 tiers)
with 2 double florescents above each shelf. I want to add a 400 watt MH,
hung from the ceiling to add more light (and grow some other taller
plants- like Hibiscus). I figure that the lower light orchids can be on
the lower shelves, with the high-light lovers on the upper shelves
closer to the MH.
My question is about the MH light itself. I have been searching ebay,
and the web. What should I buy? There are many different types:
Industrial hi-bay types
Grow lights like Hydrofarm
Cheaper Grow Lights w/ batwing reflectors
Flood light fixtures
Etc.

They can be bought used, refurbed, or new. And there is a huge price
difference amoung the different types. Obviously those Hydrofarms are
the best, but is it worth the extra money?

If anyone can recommend a type of light, or share experiences I would
greatly appreciate it!

--
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...