Old 28-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Pan Ohco

Default Kill Ants Organically?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:07:10 -0500, Andrew McMichael
wrote:

Pan Ohco wrote:

Try instant grits. Put about a teaspoon on the mound, it works for
fire ants. The workers take it into the mound and feed it to the
queen. The grits expand and kill the queen.

This is silliness. Ants eat grain all the time and it doesn't kill them. Your
grits may drive them away, but not for the reason you think. That's sorta like
claiming that you shouldn't throw rice at weddings because birds eat it and
die when it expands in their stomachs.

Folks I did not mean to start a fight. And yes the reason that I
stated for the death of the ants , might well be an urban myth.

But I don't care if the ants stone each other with the grits.
Direct observation shows that putting grits on a fire ant mound works
to destroy the mound.

Try the experiment and see if it works for you, it works for me.

Pan Ohco