Old 28-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Heidi

Default Are the big gardening magazines worth the money?

Hi all,

I'm just curious as to how many folks see value in subscribing to
gardening magazines. I have subscribed to two of the biggies for a
little over a year now. There are some beautiful pictures, however
often the plants in large vignettes are not identified. One magazine
always highlights some rich couple's gardens, the ones done by
professional landscapers, and the ones that you really need to have some
$$$ to afford. Well, it is nice to see these photos, but I'd like to
see some pictures of gardeners more like me. A few more practical
gardens. The other magazine has too many articles and ads for garden
furniture. For either, when a plant is identified, I find it is not
something carried in the local nurseries where I live.

Do you all think they are worth it? Anyone else get annoyed that the
featured gardens always show some wealthy couple lounging around in
pricey furniture, next to their outdoor shower, which is being fed by
their faux waterfall, etc...

Heidi