Old 28-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Trees for screen

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message ...
[...]
I once visited an Indian village where the women were preparing alfresco
meals by using sunlight focussed via a 1m diameter concave mirrors on to the
pots. The number of burnt hands were legion.

That's interesting: I'd heard about these projects, but never found
out how they worked out. OT, I know; but was it successful, in the
sense that they carried on doing it after the experimental period? I
heard that there was a problem in that people most needed energy for
cooking late in the day when there was little or no sun.

Mike.