Old 28-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Plant

Oh for crissake, forget the stupid common name. Common names are worthless.

The plat is Philodendon selloum, a popular landscape plant in the southwest
and widely gown as a houseplant in colder parts of the country.

Sure you can move it but be sure to get a good portion of the rootstock and
give it plenty of water after you move it. Maybe you should wait until the
hot summer has passed before moving it?

Faye Tarzwell wrote in message
That is a tropical plant. In Brazil it is called Adam's rib (with a

smaller
variety being called Eve's rib).
It does great in big pots indoors as long as it gets plenty of sunlight

and
water. I have two in pots indoors which we take outdoors during the summer
months (now living in Canada so the plants can't stand the winter

outside).
In your area you could probably leave it outdoors all year around in pots.
It needs space for root growth and to transplant you will need to dig deep
to get the whole root ball. If you find that the root ball has a split
growth you can divide the root and plant them in separate pots. Mine grew

so
much we divided the root when we transplanted it into a bigger pot.
Let me know if you need any more help with it.

FayeC

"Roger" wrote in message
Can anyone identify this 'tree/plant' in my front garden?

http://www.rpease.com/p8270005.jpg (leaves)
http://www.rpease.com/p8270006.jpg (stem)

People who go to my backyard (A/C person, exterminator) claim it gets in
the way, but I think it's a nice plant. I wonder if it could be moved
without killing it.

Appreciate any info. BTW- I live just outside of Houston, TX if it makes

difference.

Thanks,

Roger

--
My e-mail address is my first name and my last name and I use Yahoo

mail.
:-)