Old 28-08-2003, 09:02 PM
dkat

Default WHAT... My pond a sandpit

May I say once again... I just love this room! The ideas gave me a kick
start and I now know what I'm going to do.... (basically a combination of
all the ideas).. Thanks all! DKat

"jammer" wrote in message
I would set it down and pack dirt in around it and have sloping sides.

From: "D Kat"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:44:37 -0400
Subject: WHAT... My pond a sandpit

I had a preformed pond given to me and I just don't have the time and

energy
to dig a hole for it so I'm going to try to figure out how to do what

you
did for this one. The problem is that the pond is one of the kidney

shaped
ones with a center circle hole of about 18" (the pond is maybe

4'X2.5' - I
can carry it on my hip). So I have to have some support under the

upper
level and I'm worried that with all the water in it that it will have

stress
points if I don't get enough support or if the support is not level....

So
is this a doable idea or not? I am assuming you have no support on

your
sides or underneath since it seems to go almost straight down. DK