Old 29-08-2003, 04:02 AM
dstvns

Default Any value in becoming a master gardener?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:12:39 -0500, "B & J"
wrote:

This question about becoming a Master Gardener has been asked before and as
usual is being stomped on by this group. First, the name Master Gardener is
a misnomer. There isn't enough training involved to learn much about
anything. Hobby Gardeners or Friends of Gardening would be far more accurate
titles.

I find that the Master Gardener group is a plus for me. Most but not all
Master Gardeners are great people, but there are some one avoids because
they're obnoxious. The same can be said for this ng!

Thanks, I didn't intend to start a flame thread. Starting this thread
was almost as bad as asking about round-up.

I voluteer my time among many other groups in the area....food
pantries and serveral other non-profit organizations. After careful
consideration I don't believe I will be able to fulfill the
requirements of the local MG program. I also don't believe I'd be
learning what I was interested in, and that I could spend the time
with more constructive projects. Perhaps I will try it again many
years from now, when and if I have more time. Thanks for all the