Old 29-08-2003, 04:38 AM
Glenna Rose

Default My suggestions for storing tomatoes

writes:

So I decided to oven dry them instead. I sliced them all in half, and
placed them on an oven tray. I salted them. I preheated the oven to
a high temperature and then put the tray in for I think about an hour.
They dried out. Note : aim to dry them out, not cook them.

I'm curious. Why did you salt them? They are delicious just slicing and
drying. They also make a great snack even for people who are
salt-restricted or diabetic, but the addition of salt would nullify that.

You can always add salt if you use them for cooking.

Glenna