Old 29-08-2003, 05:33 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Still green....

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:42:46 -0400, "BenignVanilla" wrote:

85 gallons seems like a small filter for 4200 gallons...

(Putting on Superior Being hat again, I'm just not getting those more
important things on my list done, so it will take awhile, please be
patient. Apology Accepted if you have no clue what I'm kidding about.)

BINGO! IMSBO. ;o) Whenever you are having to clean your bio-filter more
than once a year, you need more filter. If I had a 4200 gallon pond I'd
have at least 2 of my filters (150 gallons of filter) going on it. Probably
with the current light fish load, 1 would work, but you couldn't blast
4,000 gallons thru it in an hour. Maybe 2,000 - 2,500 using 3"-4" bulkhead
fittings. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~