Old 29-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Jim

Default info on allotments please

We have given this aspect in particular much thought. The initial reason
for
buying the house with so much land originally was to have something
reasonable to leave the children when we end up being the one's pushing up
the daisies. The land was bought with the house but was divided on the

deed
and not mortgaged.

Put it into 'trust' in the children's names? Could cause an inter brother
sister row in years to come?

We are in a conservation area and therefore the land
wouldn't be any good as a site.

I am just about to start a battle with the Council who want to sell off and
build on a Conservation site :-((

That being said, however, you are quite
correct, things change, people move even when they thought they'd be in a
place for life. However, as mentioned, the land was bought with the kids

in
mind, we'll give any prospecive leasee an initial untertaking not to 'take
back' the land within 10yrs...when we get the solr to draw up the

agreements
we'll put it in as part of that. Anyone interested in taking it on would

of
course be fully informed of our motives and future plans before they sign
and if that initial time span isn't suitable to them they can always walk
away, no harm done.

Best way. dot the 'i's' and cross the 't's' right from the start.

and here is another
thought, what are your 'liabilities' with regard to your house and

'renting
out' the land? Are you allowed to? Is it in your deeds that you are not
allowed to?

No, nothing like that, as we live 2miles from anyone else it'll not
interfere with anyone, the entranceway is already there so we don't need
permission to build an entrance.

2 Miles from anyone?
2 miles from the allotmant holder's house?
Cars?
Parking space for 75% of the allotment holders being there on a Saturday
Afternoon/Sunday morning????

As regards insurance, that's a whole other
ballgame, we're trying to pin down a couple of insurance companies for
*straight* answers, but so far none are forthcoming, I'll keep hammering
away tho

Don't want to be a damp squib but these are things in the background

Your not being a damp squib, this is precisely the reason I posted the

quest
ions here, Im not offay with how these things work and have to find out as
much info as possible before I decide whether to go ahead with it or not.
I've had some wonderful input here (despite spelling it wrong in my first
post! :-/) and had scenarios put to me that I perhaps wouldn't have

forseen,
Bob's one on fly tipping from home, hadn't occured to me for example, plus
plenty more.

Bonfires and burning household rubbish? Fly Tipping made me think of that
one. :-((
'That big matteress' they want to get rid of :-(( ?

Good luck and I know the allotment holders will appreciate it if ou do

go
ahead with it.

Thank you

Like 'Good Luck' again :-))