Old 29-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Trees for screen

In article ,
Tumbleweed wrote:

I definitely would! The reflector solution could well get you
sued, and the airgun one could well get you a prison term and
a criminal conviction that might not time out. It probably
wouldn't, being a very minor 'firearms' offence, but there is
some unbelievable knee-jerk legislation around and we all know
how moronic our Lords and Masters are.

How could a reflector get you sued, its essentially no different to a
light?! IF the reflector is a nuisance then the light must be even more so.

You are thinking rationally and not like a lawyer. One way that you
could lose such a case is if the court decided that the purpose of
the light was to deter burglars and the purpose of the reflector was
to annoy the owner of the light.

More generally, "passive" developments can be nuisances, even when
directed against a nuisance. You aren't allowed to build a dam to
block agricultural runoff from draining into a drainage ditch that
runs through your property, for example.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.