Old 29-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Mittleider Method?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:38:11 GMT, Pam Rudd
wrote:

I've never heard of it, either, but from the information on
the web site it looks like a lot of hype, a lot of chemical
fertilizer, and a lot of expensive irrigation equipment. That's
not the way I want to garden. I want to work with nature
as much as possible.

I'm interested in the micronutrients, this being an area of
gardening I've probably neglected and I'm always willing to
learn new techniques. I joined their mailing list (at
Yahoogroups) and will see what I think.

I'd be curious as to what someone who has read some
of the books says, too.

I'll request that our library get me a couple of the books
on inter-library loan.

If the library manages to get any of them, I'll post a 'book
review' here.

I think *most* people who have good results with a
particular technique (and write books about it) tend to
become dogmatic. But I often find I can adapt others' ideas
to my particular circumstances, and gain something useful
from them in spite of this.

Pat