Old 29-08-2003, 02:22 PM
animaux

Default Shading a wax myrtle

Dappled sun in the morning on the east side is full shade, not part or light
shade. It's considered, in Texas, full shade. In Canada, it's full shade!

Now, if the shrub was going to receive direct sun from dawn till noon, it would
be part shade. Dappled is far less.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:23:54 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined:

Terry, they should. From what I've seen, they like full sun, part and
light shade.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...cacerifera.htm

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

Terry Horton wrote:

Would like to use dwarf wax myrtles against an east wall. They'd
receive only dappled sun till noon (no direct sun). Looking for dense
coverage of our concrete foundation. Will dwarf wax myrtle do well in
that kind of light?