Old 29-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Phisherman

Default Rust on grass?

On 29 Aug 2003 12:34:06 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

My brother has it. And he says there's really nothing you can do about it.
What is it? What causes it? And is there anything that can be done about it?

Fungus diseases are nearly impossbile to control once started. I
neglected to use preventative measures on my roses and all got black
spot. I cut down the roses half way to allow more air circulation.
The following spring I regularly applied funginex to the roses and
giant grasses and have no rust, despite all the wet and rainy days. I
tried the baking soda sprays, but I found them not very effective and
they leave ugly white residue on the plants. When you trim plants use
clean sharp tools.