Old 29-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Philip

Default Any value in becoming a master gardener?

"animaux" wrote in message
I still contend that, for furthering job possibilities in horticulture, a
course or ten at a community college is superior to anything learned at

the MG
programs, no matter how great they are. In Tom's Extension, they may

have a
good one. At Cornell, where I went, they had a plausible one. In Texas,

well,
PU. All of it was to do the work the agent didn't want to do.

Yes, you're right about the classes, of course, but here in the little dinky
county I live in in Northern California we don't have the classes available.
Nearest extension is 70 miles, and the local college just cancelled its
viticulture program. So the MG program is the only thing we have.

Philip