Old 29-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default How do I make my pond water clearer?

Thanks, I'll try the charcoal.

Lee Brouillet wrote:
Activated charcoal does a pretty decent job . . . you need 3 lbs. per 1,000
gallons. Rinse it well, or it will leave a lot of black dust on the bottom
of your pond. I bought a box of Q-size knee-high stockings, doubled a pair
(one inside the other) and put the charcoal in that. Then put it in a
high-flow area, like your waterfall. I will help clear it up.

Also, make sure that you don't have any leaves in your pond: the tannins
leach out and contribute to the brownish tinge.

HTH, Lee

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message

Actually, I meant to say, how do I get rid of the brown color. The water
is pretty clear, just a little brown.