Old 29-08-2003, 07:02 PM
omi

Default horse manure

"ed" wrote in message
ink.net...
the post form Frank is dead on!,, however "if" the horse is stabled Vs
pastured,,
the stabled horse manure is less likely too to have "bad" weeds,,
Ed's 2c,,, :-)

Might also depend on the quality of the stabled horse's hay. Most of
our local hay is loaded with Bermudagrass seeds that can be pretty
bothersome in a flowerbed but might be okay on lawns. -Olin

"Faye Tarzwell" wrote in message
my landlord offered to bring some horse manure so I can use in the

flower
beds and the bare spots in the lawn.
Is it ok to use horse manure instead of cow manure? How should I mix

it
(if
necessary at all) and when should I do it (fall or early spring)?

FayeC
zone 5a