Old 29-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Karen Mullen

Default bought house with koi (1) pond..long, sorry

In article , "k conover"
writes:

I've tried feeding the fish just a few pieces (they're very small) but
having never been fed, (even though I try to let him know I'm there by
moving some plant leaves around in the water,) the food just floats on the
water and he doesn't appear to see them.

Fish are not accustomed to eating by hand and it takes them awhile to get used
to you coming around and then there's food. If you feed them regularly - same
time every day - they become acclimated to your presence and will come right up
to you, but it takes time so just put in a few pellets until you know he's
eating it.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH