Old 29-08-2003, 09:02 PM
jrstark

Default Vine Advice

Kevin wrote:

I have a gazebo that I would like to put a climbing vine on. I have had
some success with morning glories but they seem to take a long time to the
as tall as I would like them. Every now and then I see a very pretty vine
that has orange flowers on it and always wonder what is is. Anyway, I live
in the Chicago area and would like the vine to be perennial, not have to be
cut back each year, and product flowers. The gazebo is about 8-10 feet
high.

Thanks for any advice.

Did you just try the morning glories this year? They seemed to take
forever because of the cool rainy weather we had. How much sun does the
area get?

My full sun morning glories finally started growing and blooming
normally about mid-July this year. I'm in NW Indiana, just over the
border from Chicago.

Janine