Old 29-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Glenna Rose

Default Planting old corn kernels

writes:

And having the house ready to show at all times is
ghastly.... the whole process is ghastly, actually. I wish
I could wave a magic wand and be in the new place without
any of the intervening ghastliness. I hate moving with a
passion.

Sorry, Pat, I'm really *sick* today . . . couldn't help thinking maybe
you'd better like moving if it was without passion.

I will be empathizing with you soon. My mother will be moving from where
she has lived since 1965. Out of obligation (and for a clearer conscience
later), I'll be helping her with some of the packing. I know how much
crap (sorry) that I still have to go through after moving in 1999 because
I didn't want to deal with it then and just moved boxes of stuff that
shouldn't have been moved the last time so can only imagine what hers will
be like.

My crap is from two moves that were not sorted and tossed, includes
children's years, a long-ago ended marriage, a closed-for-seven-years
business, etc. Get the idea that I'll be tossing about 90 percent of the
boxed stuff?

You have my very best wishes for things to go smoothly, efficiently and
easily. I'll be thinking kind thoughts for you though won't offer to come
and help. :-)

Glenna