Old 29-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Saving Tomato Seed?

The message
from Ron Clark contains these words:

When we started eating this year's crop of greenhouse tomatoes
I threw out a few uneaten salad remnants on to a border outside the
back door. There is already a large seeding of 6 inch tomato plants
growing there. I've a mind to pot some up and grow them on in the
conservatory.

You might have trouble getting any fruit to ripen properly, as the
process is triggered by the shortening of daylight hours.

It might mean providing heat, and a daylight lamp programmed to molish
an artificial midsummer, and subsequent decline in daylight hours.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to