Old 30-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Chelsea Christenson

Default Are the big gardening magazines worth the money?

Heidi wrote:

I'm just curious as to how many folks see value in subscribing to
gardening magazines. I have subscribed to two of the biggies for a
little over a year now.

I don't know what you consider a "big" gardening magazine.

Most of the Better Homes and Gardens magazines about gardens are not
worth the money, at least in my opinion. The pictures are pretty, but
you don't get a lot of information about how those nice people actually
created their lovely gardens. They're more interested in products than
instructions. However, they occasionally have good articles, and their
plant lists for different types of environments or objectives might give
you some ideas. Either subscribe at a deep discount or scan the table
of contents thoroughly before buying.