Old 30-08-2003, 04:42 AM
zalzon

Default My suggestions for storing tomatoes

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:20:22 -0700, (Glenna Rose)
wrote:

So I decided to oven dry them instead. I sliced them all in half, and
placed them on an oven tray. I salted them. I preheated the oven to
a high temperature and then put the tray in for I think about an hour.
They dried out. Note : aim to dry them out, not cook them.

I'm curious. Why did you salt them?
Glenna

Read the message about food posioning and improper preservation.

Using three different methods of preservation simultaneously (salting,
drying, freezing) is a safe bet however.

Foods have to be dried rather than cooked cos cooking will not
preserve it.