Old 30-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Alan Gould

Default Re Horse Manure

In article m, Scoby
writes

I once paid (yes, paid!) for a ton of the stuff to be delivered, I
don't think the farmer knew his weights because after a 6" mulch round
my rather large garden, I still couldnt see the garage door !
So I spread what I had left all over the place.
Next spring/summer, what a beautiful lawn!!
I live in Redditch Worc's. so if anyone knows of any going free please
let me know through this thread (my banana plants would love it !!)

I think that the tendency is for horse manure to be fairly readily
available in most areas. In rural areas it is often delivered free, but
in urban areas where there is a greater demand, gardeners may have to
collect it themselves. The only time I paid for delivery was in the 50s
when we lived in a London suburb. In Redditch in the 70s, we used to go
and collect it free from local farms and stables. Here in a very rural
N.Lincs. village, it is delivered free.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.