Old 30-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Aaron Hicks

Default Phal problem. Help!

Not that I've ever seen it myself, but I am reminded of the
mysterious "microfungus" that has been described elsewhe

http://www.orchidmall.com/general/microfun.htm

One curative consists of Ortho malathion and Funginex:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation.../magnov95.html

Another alternates 3 fungicides:

http://www.soos.ca/Newsletters/2002/May2002News.htm

I personally know nothing about it and, to make things worse, had
to manually enter the above URLs so I *hope* they work- no cut and paste.
Feh.

At the very least, someone with a confirmed case of microfungus
should send some leaves off for diagnostic purposes. Perhaps a lab in FL
or CA that handles lots of orchids. The state plant pathologist in New
Mexico raises orchids; I don't know if she's ever seen this.

Do not reply to the address in the header. All mail going there
gets sent to the FTC without being read. Spam magnet!

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ