Old 30-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Pat Brennan

Default Phal problem. Help!

Hey Aaron are you recommending we mix chemicals as suggested in the link you
provided to the group? Or is there some sort of never never mix chemicals
rule?
Or is this just a special case? No toxic precipitate? No trashed buffers?
Or just a change of mind?

Pat

"Aaron Hicks" wrote in message
Not that I've ever seen it myself, but I am reminded of the
mysterious "microfungus" that has been described elsewhe

http://www.orchidmall.com/general/microfun.htm

One curative consists of Ortho malathion and Funginex:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation.../magnov95.html

Another alternates 3 fungicides:

http://www.soos.ca/Newsletters/2002/May2002News.htm

I personally know nothing about it and, to make things worse, had
to manually enter the above URLs so I *hope* they work- no cut and paste.
Feh.

At the very least, someone with a confirmed case of microfungus
should send some leaves off for diagnostic purposes. Perhaps a lab in FL
or CA that handles lots of orchids. The state plant pathologist in New
Mexico raises orchids; I don't know if she's ever seen this.

Do not reply to the address in the header. All mail going there
gets sent to the FTC without being read. Spam magnet!

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ