Old 30-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Judy CA

Default Phal problem. Help!

Steve wrote in message et...
I have a group of Phals, some of which I have had FOREVER.
For over a year now, they have had a problem that is slowly killing
them. I just now finished making a simple web site that shows and tells
about the problem.
If you prefer to reply privately, you can use the AOL address only if
you have ever used it before. If it is blocked for you, change the end
to adelphia.net to find my real address, which I hate to use here. (Spam)

Here's the site:
http://www.geocities.com/tlswilso/Phal_problems.html

Steve in the Adirondacks of northern NY

I'm usually a lurker but I thought I'd reply as I have one phal (out
of 40) that displays these same symptoms. I've had it for two years
now and it's actually two phals connected in one s/h pot.

Anyways, Spring of '02 both phals started getting the yellow leaves
with black pitting. When it first started it was sudden. Lowest leaf
on both phals, then the next lowest leaf. Sunken yellow spots turning
to black. I isolated it to another room and sprayed with funginex.
That seemed to stop it. No more spread to the other leaves. This
spring it started up again on one phal but this time on the newest
leaf growing from the crown. Funginex didn't stop it this time. So I
started cutting it and soaking the leaf in physan (one week) and RD20
(the next week) it stopped. Not sure if this helps. Maybe I should
send a leaf in for testing.