Old 30-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Mike Noren

Default New SAE: Is this normal?

"Martin" wrote in message m...
I bought a new SAE today. Since I introdiced him into the aquarium almost 9
hours ago, he has been restless. He swims up and down the glass aquarium
walls completely ignoring any flake food and black brush algae on my bacopa
(reason I got him).

Yeah, neurotic hyperactivity seems quite common with SAE's, although
they mellow a bit with age. He'll not ignore the flake food for long,
although he may or may not continue to ignore the algae - they much
prefer fishfood to algae.

Also be warned that they're likely to jump. With SAE's, unless you
have tight-fitting cover glass it's not a question of if, but of when,
you find him on the carpet.