Old 30-08-2003, 06:02 PM
jerry bolce

Default Phal problem. Help!

This looks just like the fungus that infected my phals a few years back
and it also spreads to Cattleyas, oncidiums, etc.

I found that I needed to soak the plants regularly with Funginex for
many waterings or the fungus would just continue in the new leaves. You
need to treat the other plants also, maybe not as frequently if they
have no symptoms. The fungus does spread rapidly. I lost some phals and
saved some. It took me a while to realize that just one or two
treatments was not enough. You might also try sterilizing the pots,
trays, bench, etc with Physan.

Steve wrote:

I have a group of Phals, some of which I have had FOREVER.
For over a year now, they have had a problem that is slowly killing
them. I just now finished making a simple web site that shows and tells
about the problem.
If you prefer to reply privately, you can use the AOL address only if
you have ever used it before. If it is blocked for you, change the end
to adelphia.net to find my real address, which I hate to use here. (Spam)

Here's the site:
http://www.geocities.com/tlswilso/Phal_problems.html

Steve in the Adirondacks of northern NY

Jerry Bolce email: