Old 30-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Monica

Default Minnows-free to a good home

I keep some golden minnows (and a single brown fathead from one batch)
in my water garden. The gold minnows are also called Rosie Reds. We
came back from vacation in June to find my water garden FULL of tiny
fry, which I was able over time to identify as baby minnows. I took
no measures to protect the babies from adult minnows and goldfish or
dragonfly larvae, but many have survived. Now, I have way too many
minnows! They are various sizes and are either gold, grey, or brown.
I would like to give the extras away to someone who will appreciate
them, since I'm kind of proud of them having made it! We live near
Los Angeles, and my husband works in Burbank, and I don't think I
could mail them safely. Any takers? They should be hardier than
average, as they are the children of minnows that made it through last
winter! If you e-mail me privately, I will be happy to give you more
details about where exactly I live....

Monica Jones