Old 30-08-2003, 07:37 PM
dommy dommy is offline
Registered User

Location: London
Default Why are cucumber seeds so expensive?

Thanks for the replies pat and steve.

I was looking at the online catalogue at

www.mr-fothergills.co.uk

They dont charge any P&p unlike Thompson and morgon.

I think i will go for these ones:

Cucumber 'Telepathy' F1 (Code 0600)
ONLY FROM MR FOTHERGILL'S IN THE UK! An improvement on 'Telegraph' producing earlier, longer cues which average 16 - 20 inches. Dark green with occasional very small white spines.

Approx. 10 seeds.

Shopline

Price: £1.69

Since i was looking for the long cucumber type and these seem to offer best value i think.

Anyways does anyone know if I can grow this variety outside or do i need a greenhouse for that variety? cheers