Old 30-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Dan Norgard

Default Flourite Alert for other beginners 8^)

I just added Flourite to my 29 and 10 gallon freshwater...I learned from the
29 gallon that when Seachem says the Flourite might require rinsing you
should read it as 'flooding'. Rinsing just didn't cut it. The 29 now looks
like Mars during a sandstorm. I did the 10g by putting the Flourite in the
same colander and REALLY washing it...this time a very minor clouding
occurred and now, 15 minutes later, is gone.

The moral of the story is wash well, and Flourite before getting the tank
established.

A sheepish Dan, who jumped the gun.