Old 30-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Steve Wolfinger

Default [IBC] late growing cottoneaster

I have a cottoneaster that i trunk chopped this spring. I took forever for
it to bud out again. then finally started sending out suckers from the
roots (this was june).. which i constantly removed.(i thought i had lost it
and cottoneasters couldnt be chopped like that) finally it started to
sprout from around the cut... but it wasnt untill mid-late july that it
finally started to take off with some growth. its got a beatuiful beginning
now.. a big leader which i'm forming into a cascade and many alternating
side branches off of it.. ranging from 4" to a foot. very green. no flowers
or fruit yet. my concern is that it started so late... is this going to
harm the plant whe fall get here??? is there anything i should do??

thanks steve lancaster PA

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++