Old 30-08-2003, 09:02 PM
marika

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

(paghat) wrote in message ...

One of the books I was contracted for, which I turned in, was paid for it
& spent the money, but which has been pending now for YEARS, was a guide
to miniature vegetable gardening in finite innercity spaces -- it was such
a cute book with tiny pictures of tiny veggies growing in tiny gardens, I
just loved working on that project. It got to the point of galleys, &
proof flats for the cover illustration -- then illness struck the
publisher & they went from ten books a year to less than one a year. Every
time I think about that little book I wish I could get the rights back as
it would be so easy to sell again. But alas it was work for hire & I
cannot just withdraw it from that publisher, even if they never do finish
the project.

It's been years since I've had to garden in an ultra-finite space & even
the yards I have now sometimes seem too limiting since I can't do such
things as collect a whole bunch of beech tree cultivars, which I would
certainly do if I had a lot of land. I wish I could plant a flowering
understory in a surrounding piece of property that was half wilderness. I
just want to spread out & spread out, & collect more trees as well as
small things . . . if someday when I'm a feeb and have to garden only in a
window box in the old folks home, I suppose I'll readjust, but cannot at
present quite imagine it. If I ever sell the house we own now, the only
thing that would make the disruption rewarding would be if the next place
could be gigantic garden time.

A regular here, Valkyrie, went from big gardens to patio gardening, & her
experiences shared in this group have many times gotten me thinking about
whether I would get depressed about scaling down or just maximize the
experience of smaller space & get just as much pleasure. People do adjust
to much tougher things.

gardening has been hard this year with the weird weather
we're supposed to have a sunny day for the first time in 20 days (but
guess the weather has been equally dreary also elsewhere?)
my parents are going to help me clean my pond tomorrow i have empty
it (2500 gallons), catch all the fish, move them to a
holding tank, vaccuum the sludge from the bottom, scrub the liner,
refill, replace fish.

i will be doing all the cleaning and associated labor
dad will be supervising
mama is vice president in charge of catching fish-- times like this i
wish i had a video camera

mk5000

"First century - Spoke by turn (1 Cor. 14:27)
Today - All speak together today in mass confusion
First century - No interpreter? - Silence
(1 Cor 14:28)"--sensei shaolin