Old 30-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Steve

Default Phal problem. Help!

Al wrote:

Is Physan systemic? I know it kills spores on surfaces but would it have
any effect on fungus growing inside and being protected by the plant tissue
from coming into contact with the chemical? This may be the reason behind
the cocktail idea, one to kill the spores outside the plant and one to kill
the actual fungus inside the plant. Daconil is systemic, right? Is there
another reason why a cocktail is necessary? (We don't really know what it
is so we hit is with everything we've got?) :-)

Al, I was thinking the same thing. If this microfungus is a single
organism, it might be that a single product will cure it. It might be
that this is a problem that isn't figured out yet and nobody has stayed
with one product long enough to find out that it's the one that works.

As far as my plants having different problems, I believe they do. The
pitting that seems to be from this microfungus is what started first but
I think one or more other rots have invaded through these injured areas.
This second disease my be spreading first to some of the other plants.

Steve