Old 31-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Steve

Default Phal problem. Help!

Al wrote:
Microfungus (micromycete) - The term microfungus, meaning small fungus, is
used for fungi in which a microscope must be used for even casual
observation of the spore-producing structures. The majority of fungi are
microfungi and their study requires experience with the use of microscopes.

If this is the only meaning to the term and if it does not refer to a
specific fungus or group of fungus than "microfungus" means nothing
different from the term "fungus" as I generally see it used in this
newsgroup and applied to fungual infections of our plants............

Al, that's interesting.
Obviously, the term microfungus somehow came to mean something else
among some orchid growers. I wonder if it was a misunderstanding at some
point.

Steve