Old 31-08-2003, 01:52 AM
Iain Miller

Default Warming filter over winter

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
news:z0b4b.234787$Oz4.63899@rwcrnsc54...
IMO you will need a whole lot more heat than that. I heat my small pond
(about 2000 gallons) in the Richmond Virginia area with a 15 amp immersion
heater unit, and cover the pond with a lean-to greenhouse made with

several
layers of polyethylene sheeting to keep the cold air and wind away form

the
pond. The 4000 gallon pond uses 2 of these heaters.
--

I'm glad I don't have your electricity bill! As a matter of interest, what
temperature do you keep it at & why exactly do you do this? Most people just

rgds

I.