Old 31-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Chookie

Default Nursery Crawl Gloat

Just wanted to gloat about my Friday purchases to people who understand...

Hit Annangove Grevillieas first.

Acacia myrtifolia (myrtle wattle)
Adiantum aethiopicum (Maidenhair fern)
Astoloma humifusum (native cranberry)
3 Bursaria spinosa (I want somewhere that wrens might be tempted to nest)
2 Dodonaea triquetra (Large-leafed hop-bush)
Eucalyptus haemastoma (scribbly gum)
Leptospermum polygalifolium (Tea-tree)
Patersonia
2 Pultenaea villosa (Eggs & bacon)
"Summer Beauty" grafted gum
2 Callistemon viminalis "Hannah Ray"

One Hannah Ray and the maidenhair fern have already been planted down in the
boggy back corner.

Lunch at the Mother Earth nursery (recommended by the AG people). Lovely
food, and a fascinating building (mud-brick, turf and waterfall on roof) but
the stock was terribly dull, unless you like box hedges and mondo grass. I
suspect it was built by hippies and taken over by yuppies. Bought some
oregano and thyme.

Next off to Swane's. Bought some sage, dill and marjoram, and got what I have
wanted for some time... a QUINCE TREE!

This afternoon will be spent moving some sandstone rubble and planting my
natives into it.

To cap it all, my brown boronia is in exquisite full bloom! Happy gardening,
all!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990