Old 31-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Noydb

Default Planting old corn kernels

Gary Woods wrote:

The good thing about growing garlic, is that I can start looking forward
to spring in late October, knowing the wheel will come around once again.

That's a big thing for me ... the healing that comes from tending a garden.
I can have a truly rotten day at work and an hour in the garden makes me
fit to be with people again. My wife and I have been married less than
three years but I know there would be a semi-truck sized hole in my life
if she were to die first. It would be very hard not to turn our home into a
museum. I have sons by a prior marriage she could pass along many of my
things to but she has no children at all. I could not distribute the pieces
of her life to others to care for ... I would have to choose what to keep
and what to discard forever.

I don't know if I could do it. I don't know if I could turn loose.It's tough
even to write these words. You and Glenna and all the others on the list
who have taken such losses have my deepest respect simply for finding the
strength to get up and keep walking your own walk. To my understanding the
guest list in heaven is very short, but there is a resurrection to an
earthly paradise to look forward to. When that day comes many of us will be
reunited with loved ones to carry on where Adam left off ... turning this
place into a perfect garden of global proportions. The beasts will no
longer fear us (nor will they have need to) nor will other men work what is
evil toward us. Life on this planet will get back on track.

Bill

(I will not debate my beliefs with atheists or pagans but I am willing to
discuss them with all.)

--
Zone 8b (Detroit, MI)