Old 31-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Mike Lyle

Default unwanted lime trees

"Rod" wrote in message ...
"DavidG" wrote in message
.
There are good trees and bad trees - just like people ! eg Sycamore.

Not so. The trees are innocent victims of people who don't do the due
diligence and consequently plant entirely unsuitable species for a given
situation.

And I want to speak up for the sycamore. Sure, it seeds like crazy,
and not many of our invertebrates or fungi have adapted to it yet
(which, of course, is why it can be a nuisance); but an eighty-foot
mature specimen, or better still a group of them, is a fine sight; and
the wood is excellent for turnery and I suppose furniture; pretty fair
firewood, too.

Mike.