Old 31-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Protect Tree Stumps

"JNJ" wrote in :

I have several tree stumps that I would like to protect from rotting
and insects. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to seal the
stumps? Thanks.

Use a polyurethane spray. Give it several coats, be sure to get all the
nooks and crannies, and coat not only the top of the stump but also the
sides (bark).

James

Have you guys actually done this? Seem to me that if the stump were still
alive, it'd still be trying to pump water up the stump and sealing it would
only cause moisture problems under the polyurethane. Additionally, if I
recall correctly, all the spray poly I've seen in stores is water based and
not recommended for use in wet areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and tree
stumps.

-- Salty