Old 31-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Lizz Holmans

Default Hello Garden, Shed Calling.

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:23:20 +0100, Andrew Marshall
wrote:

In article , Linz spam@nosp
am.lindsayendell.org.uk writes
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:20:13 +0100, Andrew Marshall
wrote:
An enormous piece of roast beef, with On!on gravy, praps?

Hmm, yes, beef is also an option, although I feel Yorkshire puds to be
obligatory with beef and I'm penc at YPs.

I'll eat YPs if someone else serves 'em to me; never gelled to molish
'em myself, thobut. Is it complificated? Occasionally I ohl pre-molished
ones, but they're not up to much.

Yorkshire pudding is easy to make. 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, a little
salt, 2 eggs. Mix up until bubbles rise to top. Chill for at least one
hour.

Fill bottoms of YP pan with some hot meat juices & grease from the
roast. Heat the pan in the oven while you go to the fridge to get the
pudding mix and give it another good stir. Take pan out, fill with
pudding mixture, return to oven, and bake at about 220 Celsius or 425
farenheit for 25 minutes.

Since one doesn't usually roast a joint at this high a temp, start
heating up the oven just before you remove the joint. Then cook the
puds. The meat will continue to heat internally for quite a while;
just keep it in a warm place. Letting it set makes it easier to carve
and gives the juice a chance to re-absorb.

Am I boring you yet?

LizzH.

--
Boys is easier, and if you have sons it's worth trying for three.
Nanny Ogg