Old 31-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Pat Brennan

Default Phal problem. Help!

Hi Steve,

You know back around 1990 you could not do a major show with out hearing war
stories from other growers about their microfungus battles. It has been
years since I have heard another grower even talking about it. It has been
at least 5 years since I have seen it around here and I do see a lot of
things. Going through my old supply catalogs it seems that Triforine (one
of the chemicals used to battle it) has not been available for a couple of
years now -- I did not even miss it or know it was gone. It looks to me as
something may have changed. I think that the biggest change during this
time period is that most of the growers switched from Benlate to 3336 as
their general purpose fungicide. I can not help but wonder if 3336 is
controlling microfungus, something that Benlate never did. A couple of good
sprays with this as directed by the label might clear up the problem.

Pat