Old 31-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Paul McGuinness

Default Potassium Permanganate...

In message , Marcus
Fox writes
Where can I buy this as crystals or solution in the UK? I doubt it's readily
available as crystals as they can be mixed with sugar to make an improvised
explosive.

Takes me back to school days
I used it to make rocket motors for my model boats - a lot of smoke, a
big whoosh and one sunk plastic boat. What fun!
Back on topic, I could walk into a chemist and buy it over the counter
in those days ( early 1960's ) in small quantities. The chemist just
joked
don't make any bombs. That was before the IRA became active again.

If the chemist won't sell it, then maybe a science teacher or student
could get some. Or even mail order school suppliers?
Mind you, I guess they can be re-crystallised from solution too.

Marcus

--
Paul reply-to is valid