Old 31-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Protect Tree Stumps

Paul Below wrote in
:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:50:21 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

Have you guys actually done this? Seem to me that if the stump were
still alive, it'd still be trying to pump water up the stump and
sealing it would only cause moisture problems under the polyurethane.
Additionally, if I recall correctly, all the spray poly I've seen in
stores is water based and not recommended for use in wet areas such as
kitchens, bathrooms and tree stumps.

-- Salty

What about Marine Spar Varnish? That comes in spray cans, too.

Not having a boat, I wouldn't know. But I did refinish some kitchen
cabinets recently, and I"m pretty sure all the spray stuff was water
based, or else I probably would have used it.

If water under the coating isn't a problems, the ad man says Thompson's
Water Seal is good.

-- Salty